1. Share briefly about your native and educational background
I was born and brought up in Chennai, I completed my primary education in Devi Academy Senior Secondary school, Secondary and Higher Secondary in P.C.K.G. Govt. Higher Secondary School. I did my UG degree in Guru Nanak College, PG degree at University of Madras (Regular) and M.phil at D.G.Vaishnav College.
2. According to you, what is unique in being a Chennaiate?
Chennai is the only region in India, where you can see the perfect mix of various communities. There is a popular saying in Tamil, called as "VandharaiVazavaikkum Chennai", which literally means that "Chennai gives life to all those who seek refuge in it".
3. Mention your previous work experience
I worked in Guru Nanak College from June 2008 to September 2012.
4. Why did you select the field of Commerce for your higher education?
The study of commerce focuses on understanding the economic environment and on managing different types of business activity within that environment. An understanding of business concepts and theories will be valuable for career path.
5. Is teaching your passion or a mere chance? Explain briefly
Initially my aim was to become a Police Officer. Once I joined my post graduate degree at University of Madras, I turned up my decision to be a professor.
6. Are you pursuing PhD? If so, share about your research area
I am pursuing PhD under the guidance of Dr.Y.Hari Prasad Reddy, Guru Nanak College. My Research area is "Advertisement in Higher Education". Increased competitive pressure has forced private higher educational institutions to look for competitive marketing strategies in order to attract the students in their respective markets. Advertisement is one of the marketing tools to capture the students' attraction. Does this advertisement provide information to the students, helps them to take enrolment decision and whether the students are satisfied with the information provided in the advertisement after enrolment? I am doing research in this area.
7. What are the criteria to become a Company Secretary?
Company Secretary's work profile involves a wide variety of functions, from being an important link between the Company, the Board of Directors, shareholders and governmental and regulatory agencies to be a compliance officer. As the Corporate Planner and Strategic Manager he/she handles a lot of important issues of the company.
1.The minimum eligibility required for the Foundation course for Company Secretary is 10+2 or an equivalent examination. Candidate who has enrolled for the 10+2 examination can apply with the proof of passing the examination within 6 months.
2. Candidates who have passed the Foundation Course and are not less than 17 years of age can apply for the Intermediate course. Graduates, post-graduates (excluding fine arts) and those who have passed final exam of ICWAI or ICAI or of any other accountancy institution in India or abroad recognized by the Council of the Institute can directly enrol to the intermediate course without doing foundation course.
3. After passing the intermediate course a registered candidate can apply for the Final course.
4. After qualifying final Examination and on successful completion, 15 months training as a management trainee in a company is sponsored by the institute and a candidate is admitted as an Associate Member of the Company Secretary.
8. Did any teacher (school/college) play as a Role model in your life? If so, share your experience
I can mention three professors 1. Dr.Y.Hari Prasad Reddy, who inspired me by his teaching. I learned to teach Accountancy subject from him.
2. Dr.I.BabuRathinam ,who influenced me in the aspects of punctuality and discipline
3. Dr.Ranganathan, who inspired me by his simplicity.
9. What are your future plans and goals in climbing career ladder?
1. Improving Teaching Methodology
2. Post-doctoral Research work
3. Publishing articles in peered reviewed journals