TSN College - Recent Initiatives
A detailed note on the recent initiatives taken by T.S.Narayanaswami College of Arts and Science(TSN College).
In brief, the following are such initiatives:
- Colloboration with University College London (UCL) in their global project on Social Media.
- Visit of Mrs.Radha Hegde, a Fulbright scholar from New York State University, to our college to discuss on a research project.
- Arrangement with Barclays Bank and Sankara Nethralaya for training our students.
Training (for Placement) for 177 students in 2015 was over.
- Firming up an arrangement with ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu (ICTACT), a Tamil Nadu Government recognized institution, to provide job oriented training.
- For Entrepreneurship development, collaboration with ICTACT to develop training packages for IT related business development for students.
- To improve healthcare, formulation of 'The Student Wellness Initiative' involving
- Regular visit of Doctor to our college
- Health and Nutrient related lectures and demonstrations by Experts from Sankara Nethralaya, Venkateswara Dental College, etc.
- Strengthening of College infrastructure:
- Establishment of Skill Building and Smart Classroom.
- Installation of RO plant for providing safe drinking water to Staff and Students.
- The sports ground has now been given a facelift with a well laid-out football field.
- New additions of books and journals to the Library and the starting of Student Book Bank for short term loaning of text books to students who cannot afford textbooks and reference books.
- Installation of CCTV cameras in the Library.
- Establishment of Student Clubs, namely, Literary Club,Consumer Club, Environment Club and Science club ( besides NSS and Rotaract Clubs).